Sunday, January 6, 2013

Wining Around Town Part I (of a two or three part installment)

Photo





WINING AROUND TOWN Part I: 

If you know me, you will know that I am partial to wine!  Margaritas are actually my drink of choice, and I have found the BEST Margarita at La Taza here in Charlottesville.  Their limes are fresh squeezed and their recipe is tried, true and tested.  Between their mojitos (the strawberry mojito is amazing), and margaritas...I could stay there all night!!  Better I don't though...for all. ;)  As a quick shout out, La Taza is owned by my mother, Melissa Easter, and sister, Vanessa Easter.  They have done a great job making La Taza feel like home away from home.  The cozy atmosphere is definitely one to be taken in and relished as you sip your morning cup of coffee or dine on their incredible breakfast tacos or lunch specials.  The Tiki Bar is also a lot of fun in the summer months with the fire pit in full force.  Very West Coast feeling.  I love it AND I digress.......


Virginia is coming to the forefront with their new cache of up and coming winemakers.  I had the pleasure of working with Matthieu Finot to find him a new house in the Charlottesville area recently and he is one of the best around!  Matthieu is one of the masterminds out at King Family Vineyards in Crozet.

King Family Vineyards is my first stop in "Wining Around Town".  It is truly amazing out there and it is actually where I got married years and years ago (so I am a little partial).  The Kings are a great family that my family has known for many many years.  You just don't find better people than the Kings.  They are a really nice family and deserve all the accolades they get!  The Vineyard hosts the Pink Ribbon Polo match in late Spring to benefit breast cancer and all year round they have a host of events that you can find on their site.  Polo matches are held every Sunday from Memorial Day weekend through mid-October and they are always fun to watch!


King Family Vineyard is just one of many that have sprung up in and around central Virginia.  Some are very well established (like the King's) and others are making a name for themselves right out of the gate so to speak.  It was recently brought to my attention (and I am kind of bummed out that I am just now finding out about this) that there is actually a Monticello Wine Trail!  Learn more about this illustrious trail in part II of Wining Around Town.


Enjoy & Cheers!
V

1 comment:

  1. Dear Valorie,

    Thank you so much for the compliments...you are too kind! We'll look forward to seeing you in the tasting room soon. Please give our best to your family. Take care and stay in touch!

    Best,
    James

    ReplyDelete